Pokemon Adventure
March 28, 2024, 08:14:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Site!!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

New Reffing Style!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Reffing Style!  (Read 239 times)
Nicola

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 09, 2008, 02:05:31 pm »

Well, everybody, we're going to have a different reffing style than the old PJO.

The staffies of the old PJO thought this up, and it'll change how reffing and wild encounters go. I thought it was a pretty awesome idea when I heard it, so now we're going to enforce this here.

Okay, so basically, a trainer is walking around in a wild area. They have to roleplay this as well as they can, and then the ref can do anything they really want to the player that would involve staying in the one area.

For example, they could let the trainer find an item on the ground. They could have the trainer run into a wild Pokemon and battle. They could have the trainer run into an NPC and battle them, or help them accomplish some task. They could even have a wild Pokemon appear, snatch the trainer's hat, then run off with it and make the trainer chase after it, then when the trainer finally catches up they get their hat back and the Pokemon is theirs.

So, basically, trainers will be sent on little mini quests or find any kind of item, the quality of which depending on the quality of the roleplay.

This will create a more realistic kind of experience and in my opinion is going to be much more fun than 'I was on Route 5 and a wild _____ jumped out.' It will also match great roleplays with great rewards.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]