Pokemon Adventure
March 28, 2024, 07:33:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wow we need to have actual news.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

The Scratch

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Scratch  (Read 1714 times)
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« on: August 06, 2012, 12:19:15 pm »

In light of the whole we-can-do-whatever-we-want thing, how should the RP play out? And by this I mean the whole mood. We could keep it fairly canon (slightly silly, light-hearted), we could make it dark and edgy, or we could even make it so random/confusing/hilarious that it reads like a crack fic. (Nicola & Josh- remember Stella? :D)
I agree with Jack that we should keep it fairly canon. Slightly silly and light-hearted sounds like a good mood to me, and while we could still get all serious when major plot points appear, I'd imagine it wouldn't ever really breach the limits of "dark and edgy" or "crack fic".

Also, Nicky: in the template, you kept the RP sample section. Didn't you say you wouldn't?
I wanted to leave everything unchanged until I got some feedback, and then remove what I mentioned if people agreed. Sounds like you guys agree, though, so I'll go remove it in a bit~

Also, also, story! What should we be doing?
That's something I think we should come up with as a group. I think we need a reason to throw our characters together in the first place, and then something to keep them together. Maybe they could form their own guild or something?

Are we making our own region?
We could if people wanted to, but I'm gonna have to vote no on this one. We've already got the regions Pokemon gave us, I say we just use Kanto.

Where should the characters start out?
Somewhere in Kanto is my vote, though we could start anywhere, I suppose.

Is there a plot?
Not yet. We'll want to make one before starting, though.

Should it be realistic, or can we be some kind of "chosen ones" because why not?
Hm, I personally would prefer it be realistic, but again, it can go however.

Are we battling evil?
Sure, why not?

Are some of the players evil?
If they want to be, sure!

Ooh, or the gym leaders. Can they be secretly evil?
Ahh, conspiracy! I like it~ I'll keep that in mind as a potential plot idea.

What about starters? Can they be just anything? Or do they have to be actual starters?
They can be anything, though it would be nice to keep it within reason, like no legendaries and whatnot. You don't have to pick an actual starter, though. (But if you in particular are changing your starter, please tell me first so I can change mine, too~)

Just how much will we be twisting the canon?
As much as we want. It's hard to make an outright prediction right now, because it'll really just depend upon the plot we choose.

Can there be shenanigans?
Why, certainly.

Can there be magic and genderbend guns?
Ummmm... I'd prefer not... I mean, we've already got Pokemon, how much more magic do you need?

Can there be crossovers? Can there be Batman? OH LORDY WE COULD HAVE ZUBATMAN OR SOMETHING. THE HERO GOLDENROD DESERVES, BUT NOT THE ONE IT NEEDS RIGHT NOW.
Basically what Jack said, they're good as long as they make sense. Like Zubatman, he would fit into the Pokemon world just fine. I am also in favor of having Zubatman as a recurring character. (Though the Pokemon world does already have Gligarman - http://www.pocketmonsters.net/images/characters/1529.png)
Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Nickname: Bolt
Ability: Intimidate, Holding: Nothing
Happiness: 250, Level: 14; Experience: 5/14
Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Nickname: Crystal
Ability: Steadfast, Holding: Silk Scarf
Happiness: 250, Level: 13, Experience: 8.5/13
Quick Attack   Force Palm
Endure   Counter

Corsola

Nickname: Aqua
Ability: Hustle, Natural Cure, Holding: Oran Berry
Happiness: 190, Level: 8, Experience: 3.5/8
Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Nickname: Donut
Ability: Intimidate & Flash Fire, Holding: Nothing
Happiness: 80, Level: 10, Experience: 0/10
Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]