Pokemon Adventure
March 28, 2024, 06:59:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Site!!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

Of Rock, Ice and Steel

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Of Rock, Ice and Steel  (Read 34 times)
Minja
Aura

Awesomeness 0

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Level 1
« on: December 17, 2011, 04:37:50 pm »

It was a really icy, bitter sort of night, even for the people of Snowpoint City. The wind howled through the trees, trying to wake the dead, and covering the living with snow. Those who were intelligent were wrapped up at home in blankets, in front of a heater or a fire Pokemon. It was not a night that anyone would want to have lost a bet.

The young teenager shivered as another gust of wind buffeted her, blowing her long blonde hair everywhere. She’d long since lost her hair tie. Using her gloved hands, she tried to protect her light blue eyes from the snow a bit, so she could see if she was near the temple yet. She couldn’t see a thing.

At her side, there was a four legged Pokemon, having its blue and black fur blown everywhere. It hissed with distaste at the snow, golden eyes narrow and its ears were flat against his head, and his black mane. The Luxray looked up at his trainer and roared angrily, asking what on earth they were doing here.

“Don’t give me that Glen.” She said sharply. “Things will only really get worse if we don’t go. And I mean, come on! How difficult could this be anyway? Just sneak into the temple, and bring back a stone statue? Easy.”

Glen growled, then shook his fur to try and get rid of the ever present snow that was quickly covering both of them. The girls eyes lit up suddenly, having spotted a few shadows in the distance, that were huddling together for warmth, and out of the way of the wind. The two companions hurried over, and were surprised to find out that there was a larger group of people there than they had originally expected there to be. How many people had Ria made that bet with anyway?

The blonde thought back to the previous day quickly. Ria, a tall girl with brown curly hair and sharp green eyes had come up to her at lunch time, willing to bet on the odds of Max Dupont winning a battle against the strongest trainer at school, Justin Edwards.

“Hey, Cynthia!” Ria called out, grabbing the shorter girls arm to prevent her from escaping. “You’re watching the match this afternoon right? Wanna made a bet on who will win?”

At their school, Snowpoint High, it was a requirement that every student participate in battles against every other student, to help with battling experience. However, that often meant that the weakest trainer in the school could go up against the strongest, and easily get completely smashed.

“What’s there to bet on?” Cynthia asked, amazed at how stupid Ria was. “Justin will win it easy. Max is just a terrible battler.”

“You know, I think Max is in with a chance actually.” The brunette said. “I heard that Justin’s Machamp was struggling with its training yesterday.”

“It doesn’t matter, that thing is still incredibly strong. Max’s Mime Jr. doesn’t stand a chance, even if it has a type advantage.”

“Well, if you’re so sure about it, why not take up the bet? If Justin wins, I have to sneak into the Temple tomorrow night, and bring back a statue as proof. But if Max wins, then you have to. Deal?”

Cynthia thought about it for a moment. She really hated Ria’s guts, and her bossy, power hungry attitude, so winning a bet against her would be awesome. And as a bonus, she’d have to sneak into the temple? She’d never manage that! She’d get completely busted!

“Sure, why not. You are so going to lose this one, Ria.”

She smiled, seeming so smug and confident. “We’ll see about that, we’ll see.”

Cynthia shook her head, amazed. Who would have picked it? A low levelled Mime Jr. defeating a Machamp? It seemed as if Max had had a few pointers for that battle, allowing him to win pretty easily. It almost too good to be true for Ria, but still, a bet was a bet. Cynthia would get so much hell for this if she backed out…

“Oh Cynthia!” Ria shouted, her voice almost completely lost in the wind. “I thought you’d never turn up! You’re the last person.”

Cynthia looked around at the people gathered. Few of them looked very happy about being here, but all of them had at least one Pokemon with them. Strangely enough, Max was there too, looking just as glum as usual with his light brown hair, thick glasses and grey eyes.

“Okay people!” Ris clapped her hands together with delight. “You all know why you’re here, so I’ll make this quick. You all have to sneak into the temple and get to the bottom floor, where I believe there are three small statues, each made of different materials. Bring them back to me as proof, and I won’t make the rest of your year at school hell. Now, go on! Get going, you don’t have long!”

Cynthia turned around, muttering angrily to herself when Ria spoke again. “Oh yeah, I can’t tell how many of you are here right now, so if there is more than three of you, those of you that don’t get a statue can just bring something from the bottom floor, ‘kay?”

All Ria’s victims seemed to sigh as they walked off, towards the looming stone monument that was the Snowpoint Temple.

(OOC: Alright guys, I figured we should get a little something happening right? Anyway, just a few things about your character: Please made them high school aged, and don’t go crazy on the number of Pokemon you have, you’re just a normal high school kid)
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]