Pokemon Adventure
April 20, 2024, 09:04:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Site!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

Ivan in Violet City- First Gym Battle and More!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivan in Violet City- First Gym Battle and More!  (Read 127 times)
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:42:48 pm »

Ivan and the burglar had just walked through the guard-house connecting Route 31 to Violet City.  As soon as they walked into the guard's quarters, they were stopped and questioned immediately.  A female officer with long, blue hair had approached them, introduced herself, and started making idle chit-chat with the two strangers to Violet City.  Ivan cut her off and tried hurrying the conversation, since the burglar's time was running short.
  "Officer Jenny, I hate to interrupt you, but this man behind me is the thief of the Golden Pokemon Egg that the Cherrygrove City Police was looking for.  Here is the egg and the wanted poster that shows I picked up before.  He is coming with me willingly because he accidentally got poisoned during battle and needs immediate medical assistance."
  Officer Jenny nodded her head and called over a couple of her deputies.  The two deputies handcuffed Ivan's prisoner and started pulling him towards the door leading to Violet City.  She then said to the two deputies, "Make sure to keep him under constant watch and surveillance while he's at the Violet City Emergency Room.  As soon as he gets a doctor's discharge, he's going to be put into the slammer for a while."
  The burglar turned back towards Ivan and yelled, "I WILL get even with you for this!  Mark my words!  I will escape and defeat you in battle!  But for now... thanks for giving me my life back."
  The two deputies led the complying burglar through the doors and towards Violet City's medical center.  Meanwhile, Officer Jenny turned back to Ivan and said, "Thank you for helping bring that man to justice!  You've caught a burglar, helped him recover from his wounds, hopefully helped him reform his life after a possible near-death experience, and retrieved a stolen golden egg to boot.  I know it isn't much, but here is a little reward for you!  Please do keep up the honest work and if there's anything you need, feel free to count on and ask the Police Squad here and all over Johto!"
  With that, Officer Jenny handed Ivan a small pouch containing 200 Yen and walked out onto Route 31.  Ivan looked through a small window and saw the Chief of Police hop on a motorcycle with a side-car containing a Growlithe and drove away.  Ivan was then ready to leave the guard-house and start his brief tour of Violet City.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:57:11 pm by RedFox » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:43:08 pm »

Ivan entered the city and looked around briefly, ignoring all buildings that he came to see.  Ivan was dead-set on going to one place and one place only: the Violet City Gym.  After walking the short distance to the western edge of town, Ivan found what he was looking for.  The gym looked like a large dome that may have had a retractable roof, but Ivan wasn't 100% from his vantage-point.  He noticed a sign just to the left of the door and read it; it stated that the gym leader was Falkner, "The Elegant Master of Flying Pokemon".  Ivan heaved a heavy breath and reached for the door.
  "Already going to fight the first gym leader, are we?  Good for you, young lad!"
  Ivan looked around to see where the voice had come from.  He looked down a small alley on the left side of the gym and came face-to-face with a rotund man with a high pitched voice and a thick brown mustache.  The man had a knowing, mischievous grin that slightly unnerved Ivan.  Ivan kept his eye on the man and nodded his head to indicate that he was going to face off with Falkner.
  "Is that so?  Well, do you know how to handle flying types?  That inquisitive look on your face says that you do not.  Well, not to worry, my friend, for I, Earl Dervish, can help you!  All you have to do is follow my back to the eastern side of town and read up on pokemon training techniques in my very own 'Earl's Pokemon Academy'... free of charge, of course.  I couldn't dare charge for such a noble cause as proper pokemon training.  Let me show you!"
  Ivan was definitely interested in the odd man now, as he followed Earl down the path back east towards the pokemon school.  Ivan wasn't exactly sure what to expect right now.  The prospect of actually learning what he was doing in battle was intriguing, but he wasn't sure about the authenticity of the Academy, judging by the man that was seemingly doing twirling dances down the street.  Ivan and Earl had finally arrived at the Pokemon Academy, which was a relatively small, unspectacular building.
  "I can see the doubt in your eyes," Earl had started, "but trust me.  You can't always judge a book by its cover!  Behold!"
  Earl had opened the doors wide, revealing the interior of the building, which looked more like a library than a classroom.  Ivan's eyes darted back and forth excitedly while he scanned the titles and sections of the books.
  "I see that I've now caught your attention," Earl said.  "Here at the Academy, we believe that a trainer should go at their own pace and learn the way that they desire.  There are several teachers here if you'd like, but I see that you are more of the learn by reading type.  Very well then.  Study hard and I'll see you again soon enough!"
  With that, Earl Dervish bounced off, leaving Ivan and his pokemon alone in the library.  Ivan went over to the first section of books, which had several volumes of a pokemon encyclopedia on it.  Ivan picked up the first book and saw that it was written by Professor Oak, who he met at Mr. Pokemon's house.  The book contained a listing of 151 different pokemon species with outlines of all of their abilities, types, physiology, evolution patterns, and everything that you could imagine.  There appeared to be a final page behind the section of the book outlining a pokemon called 'Mew', but somebody had ripped out the page; Ivan also found it weird that page had a Missing Number, an odd misprint by the printing company.
  Ivan also noticed that none of his pokemon had been featured in Professor Oak's book, so he replaced it on the shelf and pulled the next volume, which happened to be written by Johto's own Professor Elm!  He continued reading that book, followed by the next chapter (written by Prof. Birch of Hoenn), and started with a fourth chapter written by one Prof. Rowan of Sinnoh.  Ivan had just read up on his fourth pokemon, Budew, when a strange thought occurred to him.  Why did Prof. Oak send him out to fill a Pokedex with the information on all pokemon, when there was already a written encyclopedia with all information on every pokemon available.  Ivan didn't dwell on that very long as he finished off the fourth chapter and looked at the shelf.  It looked like there was room for a fifth volume, but it was not quite available at the moment.  Ivan shrugged and went to another section of the library.  The first book that he came across was 'The Joy of Battling', which detailed basic battling techniques, which included pokemon types, move types, physical and special moves, and much more.  Ivan absorbed the book like a sponge and continued moving from book to book, thoroughly readin everything there was to being a pokemon master.  He learned about different rolls that pokemon could play (sweepers, walls, annoyers) and several different techniques that could be used in battle.  He also learned about all of the different items that were available, including how to use and capture pokemon using different types of pokeballs.  Ivan had spent the entire day reading, until a lady came up to him.
  "Hello, there.  My name is, Miss Priscilla, a teacher here.  I'm sorry to interrupt your studies, but I'm afraid that we are closing up for the night.  It does fill me with great pleasure to see a youngster like yourself enjoying pokemon books like this, but it's time to lock up for the night."
  Ivan nodded his head and agreed politely.  He hadn't meant to spend the entire day there, but he simply lost track of time and read until he couldn't absorb any more reading material.  He replaced his book, which was about advanced battling techniques and competitive move prediction, onto the shelf and left quietly.  Ivan felt that he could be ready to face off against Falkner at that moment, but there was another light that caught his attention.  To the north side of town, a small light was shining brightly in the top window of a tall tower; Ivan was drawn to the flame and went to go investigate the light.       
Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:55:52 pm »

As Ivan approached the large wooden tower on the northern edge of town, a small deluge suddenly started to come down, completely soaking him and his pokemon.  Ivan didn't really notice it, however; he was being drawn to the light in the top of the tower like a moth to a flame.  He walked up to the tower and opened the small door and entered a large open, candle-lit room with a large golden statue of a Bellsprout in the middle of it.  The large statue seemed to be swaying back and forth with the breeze.  Although it was moving, the statue and surrounding tower seemed to be unusually stable in the strong gusts of wind, since they were able to readjust themselves.  Ivan looked around the open floor and noticed that nobody was there, but there was something going on above him.
  Ivan walked around the room and found a small staircase.  He gulped and ascended the stairs to the next level, where he heard a sort of murmuring from up ahead..... a little louder than before.  Ivan walked around the area until he saw another set of stairs that went... down?  Ivan decided to follow those back to the ground floor, since that seemed to be the only way that he could go.  His intuition was reaffirmed by the fact that even though he descended back to the ground floor, the murmuring was growing slightly louder as we walked.  This continued for a little while longer until Ivan finally reached the top floor of the infamous Bellsprout Tower.  Ivan walked towards the middle of an open room where he saw a bunch of robed men with shaved heads swaying and chanting something incoherent to Ivan.  In between the men were a bunch of Bellsprout that were following in the swaying and seemed to be chanting on their own.  The men and their pokemon seemed to be gathered around in a large circle and focusing on something, but Ivan was too far away to see what it was.  He cautiously approached the group, found a small gap in the circle, and wriggled his way towards the inner circle.  The sages didn't seem to notice him as he was doing this.  Once Ivan got to the inner edge of the circle, he saw what the sages were looking at and stood appalled for a moment.    
  Inside the circle, a small Bellsprout was locked in a battle with a Hoothoot.  The Bellsprout looked frightened as the Hoothoot continually flew around the Bellsprout's head and attacked it relentlessly.  The small mismatched Bellsprout was cowering in fear and at one point just got down low to the ground, curling up in a purely defensive position.
  "Isn't somebody going to help that Bellsprout?" asked Ivan in a half-panic.
  Some sages turned towards him an said, in unison, "No.  We must not interfere.  All that is- is as it should be."
  "That Bellsprout doesn't stand a chance!  It's getting destroyed." Ivan retorted.  He had just learned about these pokemon from the Trainer's Academy, so he knew that a flying type would have a huge advantage over a grass type.
  "It is sad, but that is it's fate.  All that is- is as it should be."
  "Forget this, come on, Anubis!  Let's take care of that Hoothoot and save Bellsprout!"
  "Do not interfere.  All that is- is at it should be."
  Ivan ignored the chanted please of the sages and rushed into the middle of the floor with his Houndour, Anubis.  Anubis was glad to get some action in against another bird type; it was ready to prove itself once again after having performed less than perfect against Videl, the Ninja Pidgey.  As Anubis and the wild Hoothoot battled, the sages continued swaying and chanting, ignoring the stranger and his battling pokemon.  After a short battle and a couple of fiery attacks from Anubis, the Hoothoot was vanquished and flew out of an open window out into the muggy night.
  Ivan walked over to Anubis, smiled, and gave him a congratulatory scratch on the head... to which Anubis responded with a wag of its tail.  Ivan then walked over to the cowering Bellsprout and without saying a word, picked it up and started walking back towards the stairwell.  The Bellsprout wrapped its vines around Ivan and held on tightly for comfort.  Ivan continued walking until he heard what sounded like a bunch of footsteps in heavy boots running up the stairs toward him.......  
Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:30:37 pm »

Ivan froze for a moment and just listened to the trampling footsteps that were charging through the tower.  He wasn't sure what was going on, but he was willing to stick around and find out.  Although he could see out the window that the sudden rain had just as quickly died off, he was still wanting to stay indoors for a few minutes more... even if it meant staying in the same building with the sages that refused to do anything. 
  Ivan gave a quick look to the window and then back to the stairs just in time to see four people in solid black uniforms with a large red letter 'R' on the front burst  from the stairwell and lined up, giving (for the record) pretty cool battle poses.  Right after they settled down, two other men dressed the same way burst through the windown, having apparently repelled stealthily down from the roof of Bellsprout Tower. 
  "Prepare for trouble!" yelled one of the mysterious strangers.  "We are members of Team Rocket, the greatest criminal syndicate in the world.  All we want is for you to hand over all of your pokemon and you'll be alright."
  Ivan looked directly at the leader of the Team Rocket grunts and said, "Why should we give you our pokemon?  You will get nothing from me!"
  "A brave one, aren't we?  Well, we are more powerful than you and we realize that greatest good that pokemon can bring: money for us!  Now since we have an objection to our polite demands, let's do what we do best and take these pokemon by force.... more fun for us!"
  One of the other grunts pulled out a device that started sucking a great amount of air in.  Although it didn't generate enough force to affect the sages, Ivan, or his pokemon, all of the Bellsprout started flying through the air towards the machine.  The other two grunts that were standing behind their leader began collecting all of the Bellsprout, including the one that Ivan had just acquired, into large burlap sacks.  Ivan couldn't believe what was happening and started raising a protest.  "How could you do something like that?  How could you possibly justify stealing other people's pokemon for your own personal profit?"  He then turned behind him to try and rally the sages to his cause.  "Come on, let's get our pokemon back!  Who's with me?"
  The sages all looked at each other and then to Ivan and said, in unison, "If the Bellsprout leave this way, it must be their fate.  All that is- is as it should be."
  Ivan was now in a furious rage now at not only pokemon-napping Team Rocket, but also at the seemingly apathetic idling sages of Bellsprout Tower.  He wanted to punish each and every person in the room with him right now, but releasing the pokemon was his first priority.  Anubis looked a little tired from his previous battle (as well as being a fire type that was rained on earlier), so Ivan called fro Dodger to help out.  Dodger was bouncing up and down on its notched tail, ready to take on any challenge that was thrown its way. 
  The first grunt laughed at Sentret and threw out a Rattata, which Sentret disposed of easily; it used a QUICK ATTACK and knocked it out before anybody could blink.  One by one, the Rocket Grunts released their pokemon to try and defeat Ivan's Sentret, but Sentret was too strong to fall to any of them.  Once the Rocket grunts started to panic after losing their pokemon, Sentret saw its opportunity to gain some reinforcements.  It used its speed to run up to the burlap sacks and used its scratches to cut the bags open.  All of the Bellsprout came pouring out of the bags and started whipping the grunts' feet with their Vine Whip.  Once the Rocket grunts were all fleeing down the stairs, the Bellsprout turned their attention to the grabbing machine, thrashing that until it was only a pile of spare parts.
  Having helped dispose of Team Rocket, Ivan once again scooped up the still cowering Bellsprout and made his way to the stairs once again.  He didn't even want to look behind him at the sages that had been unwilling to act to save their Bellsprout not once, but twice. 
  "Stay a moment, child!" said a voice behind Ivan that caused him to stop and turn......   
Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 05:11:03 pm »

"Stay a moment, child!" 
  Ivan turned around to locate the source of the voice.  It didn't take long as an old, wrinkled man with a long white beard came forward feebly towards Ivan.  He looked carefully at Ivan through squinted eyes and said, "You battle so well for one that is so young.  I must thank you for rescuing our Bellsprout.  My name is Li and I am the Elder of the Followers of the Bellsprout here in Bellsprout Tower in Violet City."
  Ivan listened for a brief moment and then asked Elder Li quite coldly.  "How come nobody here was willing to fight for their pokemon?  Doesn't anybody care about these creatures?"
  "Ah, young child.  You are mistaken; they do care deeply for these pokemon.  Bellsprout are the most revered pokemon around here, mainly due to their ability to withstand any storm by simply swaying with it, rather than fight.  However, they did not fight the intruders because they are not ones to interfere with the Bellsprout's fate.  If it was the Bellsprout's fate to be captured, then who are we mere mortals to interfere with the greater plan.  As we say, 'All that is- is as it should be', which basically means 'Everything happens for a reason'."
  "Wait.  So, what about the Hoothoot?  They would have let the Bellsprout die before trying to do something about it?!"
  "Young one, you have much to learn.  Death is only one intricate part of the circle of life.  In order for new life to be created, some form of life must perish.  Conversely, when one creature dies, another one is created to fulfill its place.  We realize that nature's plan is meant as such.  However, I can see in your eyes that death has touched you too closely for these words to sink fully."
  Ivan paused with confusion.  He couldn't possibly know about the death of his parents.  He had run away after that incident and has not told anybody about it.... especially since landing in New Bark Town as a stowaway.
  "Yes, I see it in your eyes," Li continued, "you are strong of character, although you are rash to act.  You have your own sense of judgment and you are unwilling to compromise it, which is very commendable, especially for one of such a young age as yourself.  However, I see much anger and confusion in your eyes.  I would like for you to stay here and train as one of us.  We shall help to clear your mind and help ease your peace."
  With those words, the group of sages started murmuring to themselves; they couldn't believe that Li had extended an invitation to such a youngster that showed such battling technique.... and anger.  Ivan also couldn't believe the invitation.  He looked around the room at the other sages and saw them as weak cowards that wouldn't even try to help a pokemon in the worst situations.
  "I will not join you..... I will not become one of you.  I do not believe in your fate; I shall create my own fate."
  "So be it," answered Li.  "I will warn you, however, that you shall face adversaries greater than anything that you can imagine.  You may triumph and you may fall.  I do see that you will judge the world as unworthy and ask it to make a sacrifice that nobody could possibly endure.... including yourself.  If you do change your mind, please come find us here; we will welcome you with open arms."
  Ivan turned to walk away, but was interrupted by Elder Li again.  "One more thing, it seems like that Bellsprout has taken an affinity to you.  Take it with you..... and may it protect you on your long journey.  You may think that you are creating your own fate, but you are being guided down your path to whatever end you have in store.  May Bellsprout watch over you and keep you out of harm's way in the meantime."

Ivan was descending Bellsprout Tower, pondering Li's final statements, mainly the Bellsprout watching over him.  He was the one that saved the Bellsprout, not the other way around.  As he climbed down, clutching the grass pokemon, the two exchanged a look that reminded Ivan of the lost Bellsprout that he had searched for that fateful day that had now been a year past already.  He would not let the pokemon get lost and would protect it at all costs.  He probably wouldn't use it for battling, but would keep it with him anyway. 
  As Ivan continued his descent, he noticed a smaller idol of a Bellsprout with a small collection plate in front of it.  The collection plate contained a small sum of money (600 Yen) as well as a Sitrus Berry that was probably to be used as a burnt offering late on.  Ivan stared at the collection for a moment and then took the items and put them in his backpack.  He decided that the sages were not worthy of having anything given to them, since they were unwilling to do anything of importance for themselves.  As Ivan continued walking, the Bellsprout clutched him tightly and shed a single tear.  Whether it was due to still being grateful for Ivan's rescue or whether it actually did sense the dark road that Ivan was headed down remained to be seen.......     
Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 05:26:42 pm »

Ivan left Bellsprout Tower in a particularly foul mood.  He had exacted a small amount of revenge on Team Rocket and the sages, but it still didn't seem like enough.  He was also sort of feeling down for stealing from the sages, but quickly got that thought out of his mind: they had deserved it.  Ivan decided that the last thing to do in this town was to challenge the gym leader, Falkner.  Before that, he needed to go to the Pokemon Center and heal his companions for what was sure to be a long, hard fight.  He walked in through the front door, gave his pokemon to the nurse and waited at the counter.
  A tall, sinister sounding man was waiting in the shadows for Ivan.  "Are you.... Ivan Petrov?"
  Ivan turned around quickly, nodding his head angrily.  What else could happen to him in this city.
  The man simply said, "I have been looking for you."  He then walked out of the shadows and almost instantly, his demeanor completely changed into something bright and cheery.  His voice seemed to match his new brightened look.  "I have a special delivery here for you!  I'm sorry, I should introduce myself.  My name is Postmaster Pete from the Pokemon Parcel Providers and Porters!  I have some items here that were sent from Prof. Elm!  Here you are, sign here, please!"
  Ivan took the package and opened it up and unloaded its contents.  He looked through them inquisitively.   
  Pete continued on his rambling rant, "I have been instructed to tell you the contents of your parcel.  You shall find three Rare Candies, which you have signed up for already in Cherrygrove City, as well as the brand new Underground Kit.  The Professor helped develop that with some folks in the Sinnoh region and it can be used to burrow underground and have fun down there!  That's so exciting!  Well, I must be off now.  Remember, we can find you anywhere and anytime... just as long as you can find a Pokemon Center.  We will be there as swifty as a sky-high Skarmory!"
  With that, the man had left, just in time for Ivan to get his pokemon back.  He quickly gave one Rare Candy to Anubis and two to Dodger, who had worked tirelessly for him lately.  Besides, Ivan realized that those were the two pokemon best suited for facing off with the flying Falkner.  After feeding the Rare Candies to his pokemon, Dodger began glowing strangely.  Ivan wasn't sure what was going on, but Dodger seemed to be... changing.  It looked like it body was becoming less circular and more longer and slender.  It looked like it was becoming stronger, faster, and sleeker in appearance.  Ivan smiled, knowing what was going on thanks to his prior studies in the Pokemon Academy: Sentret was now evolving into Furret!  Ivan smiled, knowing that his pokemon was now even more prepared to face off against a gym leader.

Ivan then left the Pokemon Center and headed towards the gym.  He stood at the doors and was about to walk in.   
  "Oh-ho-ho-ho!  Good luck, young man!  I hope that your studies today have provided you with an edge over our fine feathered friend inside!" 
  Ivan looked back down the left alleyway and saw that Earl Dervish, the flamboyant owner of the Pokemon Academy was still standing there, ready to direct other trainers to his school for further studies.  Ivan smiled at him and then walked into the gym.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:43:02 pm by RedFox » Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2010, 05:30:54 pm »

Ivan had a huge smile across his face when he exited the city's gym.  He couldn't help but to feel good about the out-come of the battle.
  "Oh-ho-ho-ho!" said a familiar voice from off to Ivan's side.  "How did the battle go?  Don't tell me, mah boi.  The grin that you are wearing tells me more than words ever will.  Congratulations!  I do help that your studies in the Pokemon Academy have proven to be valuable thus far.... and continue to do so from now on."
  Ivan was about to thank Earl Dervish for the free lessons when a girl's voice carried throughout the area.
  "Stop that pokemon!  It stole something!  Thief!  Please help!"
  Ivan turned his head towards the source of the voice and saw a small green chameleon running in his direction.  The pokemon seemed to have two small slips of paper in its grasp as he went charging forward.  Ivan wasn't sure exactly what to do, since his faster pokemon had been weakened by their battle and his two grass pokemon were too slow to catch the thieving pokemon.  Ivan then did something that he wouldn't have known to do before arriving in Violet City: he attempted to capture the pokemon.
  Ivan reached into his bag and pulled out a red and white pokeball, pressed the center button, and hurled it right in the travel path of the thieving pokemon.  The pokeball slammed into the pokemon's head, opened up, and released a bright red light that enveloped the green, bug-eyed pokemon and absorbed it into the ball.  The small sphere shook a couple of times before coming to a stop, indicating that Ivan had officially caught the pokemon.

All of a sudden, a girl that was slightly over than Ivan came running up to where the pokeball had settled.  She looked over at Ivan, panted a few times to catch her breath, and said, "I saw what happened.  Thank you for capturing that thieving pokemon and helping me get these back." She then bent over where the pokemon had been and picked up the two slips of paper that had been dropped in the capture.  The girl then walked over towards Ivan and Earl Dervish.
  The girl looked to be about 12 or 13 (although Ivan couldn't really tell) and as far as Ivan could tell, a weird sense of style.  She had on a white blouse with a purple medium-length skirt, a matching purple bowtie, and matching purple hair.  Ivan wasn't sure, but he could have sworn that she was also wearing fox/ cat ears, although Ivan thought that it was just a head-band.  She walked over to Ivan and said, "Thank you so much for your help.  Thanks to you, I got these back and I want you to have one!  They're coupons that you can trade in for any evolutionary stone.  They can be quite handy and it looks like you could use one eventually."  With that last statement, she passed her glance over from Ivan to Budew, who was busy playing with its Soothe Bell.
  "Don't worry about me.  I've got a second one.  Besides, I only have one pokemon that could use one.  Anyway, thank you so much!"
   The girl started walking off before Ivan could argue or ask any questions.  She then shouted back towards Ivan as she was leaving, "By the way, my name is Nikki!  Me and my Vulpix thank you again!"

After she left, Ivan turned his attention to his newly acquired pokemon.....   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:34:00 pm by RedFox » Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 08:46:49 pm »

Ivan walked over to the pokeball and studied it for a moment before picking it up and pulling out his Pokedex.  He aimed the Pokedex at the pokeball and it automatically registered all of the data on Ivan's newest pokemon: a Kecleon.  Ivan then pressed the central button on the pokeball and released Kecleon, who stood unmoving for a moment.  Ivan and the Kecleon stared at each other for a moment before Kecleon's focus wavered to the rest of Ivan's pokemon.  Without warning, the Kecleon jumped forward and started trying to swipe its claws at Dodger.
  Ivan was frozen for a moment and couldn't react.  He couldn't believe that his new Kecleon had actually tried going after his own teammates, even if it was a new acquisition.  The Kecleon ran up and gave Dodger a good scratch on the face.  Dodger was able to retaliate, but it was too weak from battle to knock out the chameleon pokemon.  The Kecleon then regained its focus to make another attack, but Ivan was able to reseal the Kecleon in its pokeball.
  Ivan was trying to make sense out of what happened when Earl Dervish came up from behind him.  "That's..... highly unusual.  I can't say that I've ever seen a pokemon react that way, especially under the care of a trainer that has gained an official league badge."
  It was then that Ivan's mood changed from joy to one of slight depression.  Earl Dervish's words did hurt... unintentionally of course.  Ivan realized that he was unusual and odd when compared to any other trainer.  In fact, Kecleon was the only pokemon that he had caught through traditional means..... and it wound up completely rejecting him and his pokemon.  Earl Dervish then interrupted again, with some slightly more useful information. 
  "Well, counting the two pokemon that you have in pokeballs, you now seem to own six pokemon, which is the maximum amount of pokemon that you can carry at once.  You may heed this advice if you want, but it's up to you.  Each Pokemon Center has a PC in which you can store and transfer pokemon electronically; it truly is amazing what technology can do.  I would recommend storing your Kecleon, since it looks to be too dangerous for your own pokemon to have around."
  With a heavy heart, Ivan agreed with Earl Dervish and thanked him for all of his help.  Ivan then walked over to the PokeCenter to deposit Kecleon.

Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 09:02:04 pm »

Ivan had just finished his visit to the Pokemon Center, dropping off his troublesome Kecleon and healing his pokemon.  He pulled out his Town Map and plotted his next course.  He was looking and saw a note that his next gym battle should be to the south... down in Azalea Town.  Ivan looked around and saw several ways to get there: 1) he could go directly south through town onto Route 32, 2) he could go west onto Route 36 and then detour through the Ruins of Alph, and 3) he could just cut west through Route 36 and south through Goldenrod City.  Ivan decided that the second option sounded the most appealing, so he decided to go west through Route 36. Besides, Ivan saw a few things on the map that caught his interest......

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]