Pokemon Adventure
March 29, 2024, 01:40:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Site!!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

Rt 29, part 3: Ivan goes West [FINISHED]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rt 29, part 3: Ivan goes West [FINISHED]  (Read 379 times)
Cinder
The Mario Painter [Actually I'm doing Famitracker now]

Awesomeness 1

Skype? Find me at VolcanBrimstone. :3

View Profile WWW
Badges: (View All)
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2010, 01:01:44 pm »

As Ivan approached new Oncomer, the Light of the Torch lit it up. It was the protector of all of its babies, Parasect [lv. 12, Female, I know, Underleveled, but hey, I thought it'd be a nice twist. But is it going too far?] Parasect looked really angry that you were in its cave and was getting ready to attack.
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #46 on: May 05, 2010, 01:16:51 pm »

(I don't mind the underleveled Parasect.  I was actually waiting for when Parasect would join the fight, since it sort of made sense.  Besides, it's not like we're in a region in which the first gym leader has an illegal, underleveled yet evolved pokemon.  :-/ )

Ivan saw the larger pokemon that looked like a cross between a bug and a mushroom and realized that this pokemon was probably terrorizing the local wildlife.  Something had to be done about that pokemon and Ivan knew how to take care of it.  Ivan looked down at his Houndour, Anubis.  Anubis was probably tired from some of the fighting earlier, but it was still the most logical choice against the monstrosity in front of him.  Fire seemed to be the best choice, so Ivan decided not to deviate from that strategy and keep using what worked. 

"Anubis, let's take that thing out as quickly as possible!  We're not going to get fancy or complicated, but let's attack it straight-on with full force!  Use an EMBER and let's take that thing down!"   
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 05, 2010, 01:22:40 pm »

Anubis shook out as much fear as possible and spat out its Ember attack right at the new foe. It did some good damage, and left a burn mark, but Parasect seemed to like this damage. It made a wierd noise and then shook its body releasing a pruplish powdery substance into the air. Anubis accidentally breathed some in and only after doing so realised that the substance was not good for the Body. Anubis gagged and then winced in pain as the powder settled in his stomach.

Anubis: 95% {PSN}

Parasect: 59% {BRN}
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 05, 2010, 01:28:11 pm »

Ivan's eyes widened.  This wasn't good.  Ivan decided that desperate times called for desperate measures.  It took his torch and rubbed it on Anubis' back, letting the fire work its magic on Houndour's body.  Ivan hoped that the fire-aid would be enough to knock out the strange pokemon.

"Anubis, hang in there, buddy!  Use another EMBER with everything that you've got.  You've got to do this quickly!  You can do it!"
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2010, 01:45:34 pm »

Anubis inhaled deeply and let loose another Ember, directly into the face of its foe. This seemed to really hurt the Parasect, but more importantly, it enraged the Parasect. The Parasect took its arm and pulled the dog closer and used a Leech Life on it. The wriggled out of its clutches, and then winced in pain as the poison settled in even more.

Anubis: 85% {PSN}

Parasect: 11% {BRN}
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2010, 01:50:21 pm »

"That thing looks like it's hurt badly!  Anubis, shoot out one more EMBER!  That should do it!"  Ivan hoped that that final EMBER would be enough to knock out the massive bug pokemon.
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2010, 04:04:11 pm »

Anubis inhaled again and spat out his Ember attack once more, but when he looked, his foe wasn't behind the fire. It had moved out of the way and was up on the wall. It jumped down from the wall and hit Anubis with a Scratch.

Anubis: 48% {PSN}

Parasect: 6% {BRN}
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2010, 09:54:58 pm »

"Keep your eye on that thing, Anubis!  Let's try taking care of it a different way.  Make sure that that wild pokemon is in front of you and release a SMOG to knock it out.  Make sure that you hit that pokemon!"
Report Spam   Logged

Jo
Administrator
Lord of Spam

Awesomeness 2

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Spammer 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2010, 03:31:28 pm »

Anubis' eyes blurred out of focus for a second in the space of time he coughed, before registering his command and swirled around to see the Parasect crawl across the rocky wall (I assume we're still in the cave?). Anubis now had the Parasect cornered - and without further adue, belched a thick smog that wafted towards the tired and cornered mushroom-bug, knocking it out instantaneously.

Congratulations! Anubis has gained 6 EXP!
Report Spam   Logged

Biography

Umbreon
Nickname: Tails
Ability: ~Synchronize~, Holding: Oran Berry
Happiness: 250, Level: 14; Experience: 12.5/14
Tackle
Tail Whip
Shadow Ball
Sand Attack

Nidoran♂
Nickname: Toxin
Ability: ~Poison Point~, ~Rivalry~ Holding: Rawst Berry
Happiness: 210, Level: 15, Experience: 8/15
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Poison Sting

Skorupi
 Nickname: N/A
 Ability: ~Battle Armour~, ~Sniper~, Holding: N/A
 Happiness: 80, Level: 5, Experience: 0/5
Bite
Poison Sting
---
---
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2010, 03:42:22 pm »

(Yes, we are still in the cave, but not for long.)

Ivan ran up to Anubis and gave him a huge hug for his battle.  "You were great, Anubis!  Way to go!"  Ivan looked around and somehow, the atmosphere in the cave had started to lighten up already.  It seems as though the Paras and Parasect were the ones causing the wild Sentret family to become full of fear and rage.  Ivan heaved a sigh of relief before making his way back to the entrance of the cave. 
   Although Ivan was now in the clear daylight, all was not well.  Anubis was poisoned during battle and Dodger had taken a Paralyzing blow, leaving both of them frail and unable to battle.  Luckily, Ivan recognized this area as being right by the entrance to Cherrygrove City.  He had made it back tot he town that he had helped save not too long ago.  Ivan wondered if the city was going to be different from his last encounter.  Without too much of a thought, he gathered his pokemon and made a straight bee-line for the Cherrygrove City Pokemon Center.   

[End Chapter]
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]