Pokemon Adventure
April 20, 2024, 07:54:25 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Site!!!!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

Rt 29, part 3: Ivan goes West [FINISHED]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rt 29, part 3: Ivan goes West [FINISHED]  (Read 381 times)
Jo
Administrator
Lord of Spam

Awesomeness 2

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Spammer 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 03:35:54 pm »

After a few minutes of warily covering ground, Ivan and co. arrived at the edge of a cave, nestled deep withing the wall of the Route, seperating it from Cherrygrove City.

Ivy sprawled over the cracks in the face of the cave, dripping with moist, wet substances. Red substances. A dull, buzzing groan, vibrating so low that you couldn't hear, but rather feel, emnated from the inky dark from within the very blood-soaked abyss itself. Any ordinary pokemon would scream and run, but...

To Ivan, this was just any other cave, with water glowing red in the sunlight.

Sentret was cowering behind Anubis, and refused to go further, as explained by the shrieks of terror it gave when so much as an ivy leaf dropped to the floor. What drove these wild pokemon to be so afraid of this cave?
Report Spam   Logged

Biography

Umbreon
Nickname: Tails
Ability: ~Synchronize~, Holding: Oran Berry
Happiness: 250, Level: 14; Experience: 12.5/14
Tackle
Tail Whip
Shadow Ball
Sand Attack

Nidoran♂
Nickname: Toxin
Ability: ~Poison Point~, ~Rivalry~ Holding: Rawst Berry
Happiness: 210, Level: 15, Experience: 8/15
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Poison Sting

Skorupi
 Nickname: N/A
 Ability: ~Battle Armour~, ~Sniper~, Holding: N/A
 Happiness: 80, Level: 5, Experience: 0/5
Bite
Poison Sting
---
---
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:04 pm »

"I guess we need to check out this cave.  Come on, guys," said Ivan as he picked up the thickest stick that he could find.  He tore off a piece of cloth and wrapped it around the end of the stick.  "Anubis, if you don't mind, use an EMBER on the end of this stick."
  Anubis did as it was told and lit the make-shift torch for Ivan.  Ivan and his pokemon companions entered the dark cave until they found what was spooking the Sentret family.....
Report Spam   Logged

RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2010, 12:57:03 pm »

[....bump]
Report Spam   Logged

Jo
Administrator
Lord of Spam

Awesomeness 2

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary Spammer 50 Posts in one day
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 11:55:15 am »

(Sorry for no reply in agez! >.<)

Ivan and co. entered the cave warily, on thier guard to whatever creature was lurking inside... After a minute, it looked the cave led to a dead end. On a further minutes inspection, Ivan discovered the cave had no other enterances, exits, or passages. Either there was no beast, or it was away...

Then Ivan noticed that - what he earlier believed to be particles of dust where actually plant spores, coming from above...
Report Spam   Logged

Biography

Umbreon
Nickname: Tails
Ability: ~Synchronize~, Holding: Oran Berry
Happiness: 250, Level: 14; Experience: 12.5/14
Tackle
Tail Whip
Shadow Ball
Sand Attack

Nidoran♂
Nickname: Toxin
Ability: ~Poison Point~, ~Rivalry~ Holding: Rawst Berry
Happiness: 210, Level: 15, Experience: 8/15
Double Kick
Peck
Focus Energy
Poison Sting

Skorupi
 Nickname: N/A
 Ability: ~Battle Armour~, ~Sniper~, Holding: N/A
 Happiness: 80, Level: 5, Experience: 0/5
Bite
Poison Sting
---
---
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 11:58:01 am »

Ivan saw the spores and were extremely curious as to what they were from.  He raised his make-shift torch to the ceiling to figure out what the source of the spores were.....
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder
The Mario Painter [Actually I'm doing Famitracker now]

Awesomeness 1

Skype? Find me at VolcanBrimstone. :3

View Profile WWW
Sixth year Anniversary Fifth year Anniversary Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 12:34:39 pm »

There on the ceiling of the cave was a big group of sleeping Paras. They all were unconsciously making the Spores fall from their backs as they slept. The heat from the Torch woke one up and it looked angry. It jumped down looking like it was ready to attack. The Wild Paras [Level 4, Male] is furious.
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 12:48:59 pm »

"This thing doesn't seem to care too much for fire.  That means that it's your time to shine, Anubis!  Use an EMBER on that weird.... thing!  Let's knock it out so that the Sentret family can live peacefully!"
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 01:22:18 pm »

Anubis flared up some fire and spat it at the poor little bug. The Paras looked as if it were about to feint and it has a Burn mark on its back. It angrily Scratched at the Hound and then feinted.
Congratulations. You have knocked out the Paras and Anubis gains 2 Exp.

But the commotion of the fight wake up two more of the Paras. [level 5 Male and level 6 Female] They look like they want to do a Double Battle!
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 04:22:02 pm »

(Great.  I haven't even gotten to Violet City and I've already found a Monster House.....  oh well, more XP!)

"Alright, guys!  Anubis, you know what to do.  Fire's working well on these guys so far, so use another EMBER!  Attack whichever one looks stronger!"

"As for the other one...... it's your time to join the battle, Dodger!  Wait until Anubis makes his move and then use a RETURN on the other one.  Let's make sure that we don't get in the way of each other's atacks!"

(Since I forgot to mention it before.  Anubis = level 11 Houndour (you seemed to have known that already) and Dodger is a level 9 Sentret.)
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:30 pm »

(Yeah, I take this seriously and do my research before attampting to post anything.)

Anubis swelled up and fired off another Ember, nearly knocking out one of the Paras. That Paras was enraged by the Fire and attacked back with a Scratch. The other Paras shook its body, releasing some kind of powder from the little Mushrooms on its back. Dodger then ran through the cloud and and hit the Paras with a powerful hit. The Powdery substance dug into Dodger's fur giving a some kind of Shock. Dodger feels some kind of pulse running through his body...

Dodger: 100% {PAR}
Anubis: 92%

Paras[lv 6]: 4%
Paras[lv 5]: 48%
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 09:52:25 pm »

"Oh no!  Hang in there, Dodger.  Fight through your pain and let's finish off these two pokemon!"  Ivan knew that prolonging the battle could be somewhat dangerous, especially if Dodger was incapacitated.  He decided to do his best to end this battle immediately and then see if any other Paras (or other pokemon) attacked in the back of this cave.

"Let's try this.  Anubis!  Dodger!  Switch opponents!  Dodger, use your QUICK ATTACK to finish off Anubis' opponent.  Anubis, use another EMBER on Dodger's foe!"  Ivan thought that he should stick to using embers on these pokemon, since they seemed to be working remarkably well.
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2010, 10:09:26 am »

As the Pokemon switched foes, Dodger lined up for his Quick Attack. Dodger started to feel something just as he was about to move, but he ignored it and sprung forward really fast. He easily KO'ed his opponent. Anubis looked happy as it sprung up one more Flame from his mouth and spat it at the opponent. The otehr Paras was also easily KO'ed. Congratulations! Both of your Pokemon gained Experience.
[I'm not quite sure now how that experience would disperse. Would it just be that they each gain half of the total?]
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2010, 11:29:41 am »

(Yeah, we'll just go with a straight 50/50 XP split here for simplicity's sake..... so 2.75 XP each, which rounds up to 3 XP each plus 10 happiness points a piece.

Also, if you continue the Paras attack, feel free to keep the damage percentages/ status conditions.  If the attack will keep going, we can treat this like a PvP in some ways.  If the Paras attacks are over, then nevermind.)

Ivan stood around waiting to see if any more of the strange pokemon were going to challenge him.  He knew that if too many more showed up, his pokemon, mainly Sentret could be in trouble.  Ivan stood in the torch-lit back of the cave, waiting to see if anything else would attack.
Report Spam   Logged

Cinder

Awesomeness 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2010, 12:31:35 pm »

At first things stood quiet. The Paras still clinging to the ceiling were all still asleep. However a sound started coming closer from behind Ivan. It crept closer and closer. Anubis started barking at the thing as it got closer. Even Dodger was getting scared and started to back away...
Report Spam   Logged
RedFox

Awesomeness 15

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2010, 12:53:40 pm »

Ivan's pokemon were going crazy and starting to freak Ivan out a little bit.  He turned around to where the sound was coming from.... back towards the entrance of the cave.  Ivan and his pokemon were trapped in between the end of the cave and whatever was approaching them.  Ivan had no choice but to stand his ground and fight whatever was approaching him.  He turned around quickly to assess the situation.  Anubis was in good shape, but frightened.  Sentret was hurt from its last battle, as well as frightened.  Rosebud was contently playing with a strange bell; Ivan hadn't noticed the bell or the fact that Budew had followed him.  Budew seemed dreamily content playing with the bell and was unfazed by the incoming intruder.  Feebas was still in its pokeball, but was not in the best condition to fight.  Ivan started walking towards the sounds, holding his torch out in front of him for light and protection.  With his pokemon behind him, he set off in the direction of the cave's entrance to see what the commotion was about. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]