Pokemon Adventure
April 19, 2024, 06:54:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Site!!

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

Nicola's Time Warp into PJOR

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicola's Time Warp into PJOR  (Read 168 times)
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Mobile User Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary
« on: March 13, 2010, 10:30:58 am »

Nicola's eyes were shut as she anticipated what sights she would see when she finally opened them. Her scientific prowess had paid off just a few weeks after she had entered the world of Pokemon Journey Online, having dutifully worked on her time machine in those weeks before now. Actually, at this point, that was about one hundred weeks behind her; Nicola made a note to herself that she would have to get used to the new date. What would 2010 hold for Nicola? She was eager to find out as she heard the time-transport whirring stop.

Keeping her eyelids closed, she excitedly took a big gulp of the air of Pallet Town... and immediately had a coughing fit. Allowing herself vision again, she stared agape at the mangled landscape; lines of zeroes and ones marched across the sky, broken pieces of data lay scattered across the ground. Only charred foundations remained of the houses, a merciless flame spread across the town that was swallowing terribly pixellated mailboxes and stalks of grass, half of which were blinking out of existence already. The smoke from the flames polluted the air, and it was near impossible to take an adequate breath without breathing in the smoldering ashes.

"Is..." a cough, "Is this what's going to happen to PJO? In two years?" Nicola asked the smoky air. Nicola thought she heard distant shouts as the ravaged town spun in her view and everything went black...

It seemed like an eternity later when voices pierced through to Nicola's consciousness and the girl blinked to find herself in a perfectly normal-looking Pokemon Center. There were two voices conversing in the other room. Who were they? Could it be Zanny? Or maybe Jacky? Bishop? Leeroy Jenkins? It was too hard to tell who might be speaking in the other room; too many options. So Nicola took an easier way of finding out who they were.

"Who's there?" she moaned.

The voices paused and a door opened to reveal two faces that she didn't expect to appear, but weren't entirely unfamiliar. Nicola sat up and looked on in disbelief.

"...Joshua? ...Jimmy? You two look, er, sorta different. Did you get new haircuts or something? Or is that a new shirt or..." Nicola's statement trailed off when they both gave her odd looks.

"I guess I did kind of get my hair ruffled up a bit from walking around in Purity Forest, but I don't quite recall when I would've seen you before. You look kind of familiar, but..."

Joshua's voice seemed deeper than what Nicola remembered; and that's when she realized what the difference was. Each of them were two whole years older than when she had last seen them. Nicola was still in the future.

"Um, well, my name's Nicola. Does that ring a bell for either of you?"

Suddenly, both of their faces lit up in remembrance. It seemed that her name was still remembered here.

"That's right, you made that time machine, didn't you?" Jimmy recalled, snapping his fingers for emphasis on his realization. With a nod from Nicola, he leaned back and crossed his arms in satisfaction that he had been the one to remember first.

"So... where are we? Last I saw, I was in a PJO wasteland."

"We're in PJOR, of course!"

Joshua and Jimmy shot each other an amused glance when Nicola's expression remained blank with no sign of recognition at the name.

"You haven't heard of PJOR yet, have you?" Jimmy asked. "Well, it's pretty much the site I made when Kyuukei, you might still know him as Kenta, accidentally lost PJO."

"He lost it?"

"Yup. Thought he'd already payed for it for the month, and it suddenly went up on sale and he couldn't get it back."

"Oh, that's terrible..."

The two immediately shook their heads and when Nicola looked confused, Joshua explained.

"This one might not be as fancy as the original PJO, but it's much easier to play on when you don't have to update a whole bunch of stuff all the time. Anyway, it's much more laid back and we don't have to ban any of those annoying people looking for a video game roleplay, since they don't bug us much."

"Still, I should probably go back and warn Kenta about what's going to happen to the site, right? It would only be fair to him that I help with the information I have, right?" Nicola looked around the bunk she had been unconscious on earlier and then glanced up at the other two.

"Don't tell me that you guys left my time machine out in the PJO rubble."

They gave each other an uneasy look; that was all the information she needed.

"It's out there?!" she exclaimed in exasperation. Shaking her head, Nicola muttered, "You have got to be kidding me... Anyway, there's about a point zero zero zero zero zero zero one percent chance that my time machine is still okay. And if you haven't noticed, that's a really low percentage."

The Pokemon Center's air was charged, both Joshua and Jimmy feeling uneasy about what Nicola's reaction might be after they revealed that they had forgotten to save her time machine in the ruins of the old PJO. Last time they had seen her, Nicola had been famous for using her gigantic hammer to take out her wrath on people, and that snippet of information did not bode well for the two of them. They relaxed slightly when she simply sighed in defeat rather than pull out any gigantic weapons.

"Well, I guess I'm stuck here, in the future," Nicola said, running a hand through her hair in disbelief. "Might as well try to do something to fit in. Joshua, you said something about walking through Purity Forest earlier, didn't you?"

"Yup, I walk through Purity Forest a lot, to run the guild and stuff," Joshua replied with a nod.

"So it's still up and running?" Nicola pressed eagerly, "The guild, I mean."

"Um, yeah. You can join if you want..."

"Sounds good. At least there'll be something I fully recognize, right?" She then turned to Jimmy. "And I'll probably want to start my journey soon, too, right? Who can we get to enter my information into the archives so that I can be eligible to own Pokemon?"

At that point, a guy in a cheerleader uniform walked into the room, muttering, "Geez, forgot my pom-poms..."

He stopped when he saw everybody giving him odd looks and pouted.

"What's with the looks?" he asked defensively, "There are male cheerleaders!"

"Lucas, will you make her Bio?" Jimmy requested.

"Sure, just let me get into character..."

The guy referred to as Lucas dashed out of the room and returned dressed in terribly formal clothes and holding a portable computer.

"Okay, I'm ready! Just have to get some information to put into your biography. So, what's your name?" Lucas inquired.

"Nicola Cirrus."

"Wait... You're not that one girl who made that time machine, are you?"

"Yeah, that's me," she responded, grinning.

"Alright then, region?"

"I'd prefer to stay here in Kanto, thanks."

"Trainer class?"

"...Are you really asking me that?" asked Nicola, raising a quizzical eyebrow.

"Scientist, got it."

"Now you just have to go to the Professor for your starter Pokemon and come back so we can enter it into the archives."

Nicola nodded. She already knew what Pokemon she wanted, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to go get it before coming back to enter in the information.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 02:10:01 pm by Nicola » Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Nickname: Bolt
Ability: Intimidate, Holding: Nothing
Happiness: 250, Level: 14; Experience: 5/14
Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Nickname: Crystal
Ability: Steadfast, Holding: Silk Scarf
Happiness: 250, Level: 13, Experience: 8.5/13
Quick Attack   Force Palm
Endure   Counter

Corsola

Nickname: Aqua
Ability: Hustle, Natural Cure, Holding: Oran Berry
Happiness: 190, Level: 8, Experience: 3.5/8
Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Nickname: Donut
Ability: Intimidate & Flash Fire, Holding: Nothing
Happiness: 80, Level: 10, Experience: 0/10
Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 02:51:32 pm »

Your Very First Pokemon REQUIRED QUEST
Getting your first Pokemon is the start of your great career. To complete this quest, roleplay your character receiving his/her first companion from the Professor of the town you are starting in.
Reward: 10 Trainer Exp, [1] Starter Pokemon of your Choice

Nicola stepped outside of the Pokemon Center and looked around. Smiling, she took in that breath of fresh Pallet air she had been looking forward to. No more scene of destruction, no more coughing fit. That was more like it.

Skipping across the small road, Nicola looked up at what she recognized as the Professor's Lab. The building hadn't changed a bit from the way she remembered it, with its warm orange bricks and red shutters livening the likeness of the tall laboratory. She gleefully rapped on the door, eager to start her adventure in this new time.

"Come in!" the call came from inside the building. Nicola opened the door and gingerly closed it behind her. Turning, she then caught sight of the owner of the voice which had let her in.

"Hi, Professor! I'm here to get my first Pokemon!"

"Ahh, Nicola! I was wondering when your time-travelled self would show up here. Which Pokemon would you like?"

The Professor held up a list of Pokemon she could ask for. Nicola pointed to one.

"Shinx? What Pokemon is that? I've never heard of it before."

"Ahh yes, that is an electric Pokemon from the Sinnoh Region."

Nicola paused. Sinnoh?

"Oh, um, okay. Well, let's see it."

A Pokeball was handed to her and Nicola threw it into the air.

"Shinx, I choose you!"

A small blue, black and yellow Pokemon appeared in the beam of light and made a cute sound. At this, Nicola grinned.

"I like this Shinx creature! I'd like to have this as my Starter Pokemon, please."

"All right, Nicola. Good luck on your journey!"

Nicola thanked the Professor and, after staying a bit to get caught up on all these so-called Sinnoh Pokemon, returned to the Pokemon Center across the street.

"I got my Pokemon!" Nicola cheered as she entered the building. Lucas was no longer there, so Nicola had Daniel enter the Shinx's information into her Bio. "And his name will be Bolt."

Nicola was ready to start her journey.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:31:29 pm by Nicola » Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 09:33:18 pm »

Allowance
Your parent(s) or legal guardians need you to do a few chores before you embark on your Pokemon quest. To complete this quest you need to role play your character finishing eight chores of your choice.
Reward: 10 Trainer Exp, 3000 Yen

Of course, Nicola knew that before she could get out of town there were a few tasks she and Bolt would have to complete around Pallet. That is, if they didn't want to be broke and without Pokeballs. Nicola figured that since her parents weren't likely to have moved into Pallet, she may as well ask the Professor if he had any work for her. Knocking yet again on the door to the Lab, Nicola was able to enter without a problem and the team was given a task as soon as they entered the building.

"Hey Nicola, I'm so glad you showed up! See, I have a problem. Some more aspiring trainers have been coming asking for their First Pokemon, but I seem to have misplaced some of my Starter Pokeballs! I've been too busy with this paperwork to organize much of a search myself, but I'd appreciate it if you'd look around for them. Are you up to the task?"

"Sounds good to me. What do you say, Bolt? Want to look for the missing Pokeballs?"

<Alright, let's do it!> Bolt enthused.

"Wonderful, thank you both," the Professor said with a smile. "There are only a few that are missing; all of the Pokeballs seem to be there except three."

<Let's go find those Pokemon!> Bolt's tail was crackling with excitement at the prospect of going on this mission of sorts. He hopped towards a cluttered space and started looking.

"Well hold on, what kinds of Pokemon are we looking for?"

"I need you to find Buizel, Ralts, and Numel."

<Okay, I'll sniff 'em out! Hey, I found one already!>

Sure enough, there was the shiny red surface of a Pokeball poking out from just beneath the stack of papers Bolt had been sifting through.

"Perfect!" the Professor exclaimed. "This is Numel's Pokeball; let me know when you find the other two and I'll give you some more work to do."

Professor Oak retreated to one of the back rooms of the Lab, presumably to keep working on the paperwork he had with him, while Nicola and Bolt started looking under the tables with the Starter Pokemon on them.

"Here's one. It's too far back for me to get it, though."

<I'll get it!>

The excited Electric Pokemon scrambled under the table and nudged the Pokeball with its nose so that it rolled back out from under the table.

"Thanks. This looks like Buizel's Pokeball. Now all we have to find is Ralts."

Bolt was already out from under the table and digging through another stack of rubbish.

<I'm faster than you are! Get a move on, Nicola!> Bolt smiled jokingly and Nicola grinned, getting up to search for Ralts' Pokeball. Suddenly Bolt stood stock still.

"What is it?"

<I can smell it! I can smell the Ralts! It's this way!>

Bolt raced down a corridor with Nicola trailing just behind, and they both skidded to a stop in front of a large door.

<It's in here, I know it!> Bolt nodded with some conviction.

"Let's start looking, then."

Nicola opened the door and the two were overwhelmed by a room crammed with old papers, lab coats, machine parts, and who knows what else. Nicola even caught sight of a banana peel among the knick knacks. A good amount of the large paper stack fell onto the floor and was scattered everywhere.

"Bolt, are you sure it's in here?"

<Yeah, I'm sure!> His voice could be heard but faintly from the room and then a small blue head popped out from behind the doorframe. <And I found Ralts' Pokeball!>

The purple-haired girl alleviated the Pokemon of the small red and white sphere, tucking it in her pocket along with Bolt's and the Buizel's. Nicola and Bolt then went straight over to the Professor's small room, offering up the Pokeballs they had found.

"Splendid! Wonderful work, you two. Now, my next task; you know that door you opened that caused all of those papers to tumble into the hallway?"

Nicola and Bolt looked at each other and smiled. Of course they knew what he was talking about, it was the total mess they'd found whilst looking for Ralts' Pokeball.

"Yes, well could you try to pick up the papers you spilled? I can't have my Lab looking like a mess."

<Sure thing, we'll clean it up!>

Bolt and Nicola returned to the spot where they had opened the door and started picking up papers. When the team was sure they'd collected them all, the leaves of papers were stacked up nicely and neatly right on top of the mountain of other papers. Nicola found a paperweight in the mess of a room and put it on the very top of the stack for good measure, then the two returned to Professor Oak's small work room.

"We finished cleaning up the papers."

"Next, could you go outside and water the flowers for me? The watering can is in the room with the round door over to the left side of the Lab."

<Let's go!>

Bolt was quick to dash out of the small room and locate the one with the round door, which Nicola opened once she reached her speedy Pokemon. They were relieved to find that this room was not so much of a mess as the other one, with the gardening tools in neat, orderly rows. The first to find the watering can was Bolt, who spotted it atop the table adjacent to the door. The pair exited through the door at the end of the room and immediately came upon the garden. There was a stunning array of flora, ranging from phlox to tulips to sunflowers. Bolt explored around the small expanse while Nicola watered all of the flowers. The Shinx befriended a couple of Sunfloras hiding amongst the foliage and Nicola let them have some water, too.

The fourth job assigned to them was to check the functionality of the Professor's prized uber-microscope, as it hadn't seemed to be working as of late. Nicola knew her way around a microscope, and as such was put in charge of the task while Bolt sat on the table next to the contraption and took a break.

<Can you hurry up with the microscope thing already? I'm bored!>

"Okay, okay, hold on," Nicola responded with a level head. "It seems that one of the lenses just got dislocated, so I should have it fixed in just a minute."

The scientist basically dissected the nose of the microscope, fiddling with this or that until she was finally pleased with the position of the previously dislocated lense, at which point she reattached the rest of the microscope.

"Fixed it," she called into the next room.

"Thanks, could you dust around the main lab next?"

"Okay."

There were dusters conveniently located in a cabinet marked 'Cleaning tools', and Nicola dusted the machines and everything that was up high and Bolt raced around the room, dragging the duster around the floor and dusting off things that were lower to the ground. The chore was over pretty quickly and the Lab looked dust-free and good as new.

The tasks just kept on coming with no end in sight. The sixth one assigned them was to plug the Professor's Pokedex into his PC so that it could download the information being sent via a traveling Trainer's own Pokedex. Nicola glanced at the image on the screen and nodded as she recalled the Pokemon featured there, as she had remembered encountering it in her studies of the Sinnoh region Pokemon.

"Hey, would you two mind going and fetching some blueprint paper from the big desk out there in the main room? I need it for my work."

<Will do!>

"Yup, we'll go get it!"

Nicola simply walked over to the larger desk and handed a roll of the blueprint paper down to Bolt, who took it in his jaws and ran it to Professor Oak in the other room. He returned bearing a request for yet another chore.

<It's time to clean all the windows! This is the last job, though,> Bolt reported.

"Okay, let's get to work, then. I remember seeing some cleaning fluids and rags over in the cabinet we found the dusters in..."

There was indeed some window cleaner and a few rags in cabinet as she remembered and the two started with the front windows, working to the back ones. Nicola sprayed the cleaner fluid, then Bolt scrubbed the windows by moving the rag around with his nose. Nicola cleaned the ones that were up too high for him to reach, and then the two of them were finally finished. The team went into Professor Oak's small work room to notify him of their job well done.

"Excellent job, you two, thank you for  troubling yourselves with all that work. Here's my thank-you," the Professor said graciously, handing over a bag of money. "In there should be 3000 Yen."

"Three thousand?!" Nicola was astonished. "Thank you so much, Professor!"

"But if you would do one more thing for me..."
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:31:48 pm by Nicola » Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 04:15:53 pm »

Aide Assistance
Professor Oak's aide needs you to bring a special Pokeball to another aide located on Route 1. In order to complete this quest, role play your character speaking with the aide, receiving the special Pokeball and taking it to Route 1. Return to Pallet Town and speak to the aide when your task is completed to finish the quest.
Reward: 20 Trainer Exp, [5] Pokeballs

"What else do you want us to do?" Nicola cocked her head in curiosity.

"I just a moment ago remembered that there's this special Pokeball that our Lab has been studying for the past few days, and today we were supposed to pass it on to another Professor's aide who is located in Route 1. The problem is, a good amount of my aides have been called out to Viridian City, and with so few helpers, the work simply stacks up and then none of us have any time to accomplish tasks like this! Could you please get the special Pokeball to Route 1 and then come back here once you completed your task?"

<We'll get it done, no problem!>

"Yes, we'll try our hardest," the girl added with a smile.

"Thank you for doing so much work for me today. Here's the Pokeball you need to transport."

The Professor turned and grabbed a shiny object off of the table behind him and handed it to Nicola. With a nod, Nicola and Bolt left Professor Oak's small room, through the big lab, and out the door into the fresh afternoon air. It was then that the two examined the item more carefully.

It was indeed a type of Pokeball, but of a kind that Nicola had never seen before. The device had a golden glimmer in the clear afternoon and the team was mesmerized by the way the light angled towards it to give it such a warm glow. Nicola and Bolt decided together that they would guard the object in their care extremely well and the team set off for Route 1 with determination.

-To Route 1-

Bolt and Nicola returned to Professor Oak's small office to find that there were five things in the room that had not been there previously, and they were all Pokeballs.

"These are for you," the expert scientist said, "so that you can catch more Pokemon along your journey."

Nicola tucked each one into her belt for future use and grinned at how nice they looked at her side. She could make five more friends now! The prospect of it was enlightening.

"Thank you so much, Professor! I'll use them well."

Although Nicola and Bolt were excited to finally embark on their journey, Nicola knew that they couldn't expect to leave yet, as they still had a few more tasks ahead of them. The amateur scientist found that she was absolutely correct when she and her Shinx walked outside to find an enormous pillar made entirely out of sand towering over them in the center of Pallet.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:51:57 pm by Nicola » Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 05:49:11 pm »

Pokedex Power
One morning, a giant tower appears in the middle of Pallet Town. You must travel up the tower with your Starter Pokemon only, then discover what the true secret of the Tower is. It turns out to be an Aron, which is a rare catch in Kanto. You can choose to catch it, or give it to Professor Oak. If you do give it to Professor Oak, he will give you a Pokedex and a Lv. 5 Pidgey. If you let Professor Oak borrow your Aron for studies for 24 real-time hours, you also get a Pokedex.
Reward: 5 Trainer Exp, Pokedex [1], Lv. 1 Aron or Lv. 5 Pidgey

Nicola and Bolt's eyes trailed up to the top of the tower, their faces showcasing expressions of awe.

<Whoa...>

"Why is this even here? How do random sand towers just appear out of nowhere?" Nicola wondered quizzically.

A certain spark appeared in Bolt's eyes.

<Well, we shouldn't just stand here! Let's find out!> Bolt raced to the bottom of the staircase on the tower and grinned back at Nicola, the glint in his eyes showing prominently. <C'mon, it'll be an adventure!>

Nicola simply stood for a moment, then nodded resolutely.

"Let's find out what this thing is doing here."

The scientist girl made to follow her eager companion up the staircase.

Whoosh!

Nicola stopped in sudden surprise. The girl's face creased with confusion and she blinked a couple of times. Was it just her imagination, or had a dark blue blur passed in front of her only a moment ago? She didn't know. Bolt's voice pierced through her befuzzlement.

<Come on! Last one to the top is a rotten Exeggcute!>

"I'm probably just imagining things," Nicola muttered, dashing up the sand tower's stairs just behind Bolt.

After a while of hopping up the steps, the duo finally emerged onto the top floor of the tall structure. Nicola had decided to walk slower rather than wear herself out by hurrying up too quickly, but Bolt appeared to have plenty of energy left.

<You're the rotten Exeggcute,> he sang gleefully. Nicola simply smiled.

<You...? Yourotten...?> a very small voice said from the other side of the room. It was repeating Bolt's words, but in such a mixed up way that it was apparent the Pokemon saying them did not know quite how they should be spoken or what they meant. <Teneggyuu...>

The girl turned around to face the source of the small voice and found a very curious Pokemon there. It was an Aron, and it appeared to be very young.

"So you must be the little one who created this tower! Ohh Bolt, isn't he cute?"

<Hey there, little guy. I'm Bolt, and this is Nicola. Nice to meet ya'!>

The steel Pokemon shifted away when the pair came nearer, but Nicola talked soothingly.

"It's okay, we aren't going to hurt you. Bolt and I are friends."

The Aron hesitantly started to come a bit closer at the calming words. He was soon right next to them and let Nicola pick him up once he became comfortable. He joyfully repeated the last word of what Nicola had said.

<Frehhh... Friends!>

The three of them smiled.

After they left the sand tower, the thing collapsed, all of the sand disappearing into the soil as through a sieve. Nicola and Bolt headed back over to the Professor's Lab to inform him of their little adventure. Upon arriving at the Lab, Aron looked entirely at home with all of the machinery and metal around.

"Why, hello Nicola! What have you got there?"

"This is the little Aron that was way up in the sand tower that was in the middle of town," Nicola reported.

"Ahh yes, so that's what the cause of the peculiar tower was. Pardon my asking, but could I borrow the Aron for a bit? I haven't gotten to take a look at a live Aron in quite a while."

<Wiiiile!> Aron repeated happily, hopping directly into the Professor's arms.

<He likes you!> Bolt noted.

"You know, I think he would be better in your hands. He's only a kid, and he seems to really like being around all this metal. How about you keep him, Professor?"

"Why thank you, Nicola. Here, I have this Pidgey--"

"No, no thank you," Nicola refused graciously, "I think I'll just stick with Bolt for now, thanks."

It didn't seem that the Professor would be content if he wasn't able to give Nicola anything in return for the favor and picked up a familiar red device from the table next to him.

"Then at least have this Pokedex as my thanks to you. It can register the information of Pokemon you don't know and get all of their info inside it." The device beeped. "See, I just entered Aron into it."

<Ooh, cool!> Bolt cheered.

"Thank you so much, Professor. I'll try and register some really good Pokemon for you!"

Bolt and Nicola took off from the Lab, and were heading to Route 1 when they saw a girl looking rather distressed next to the entrance of the route.

"Excuse me!" the girl called, "Excuse me, are you a trainer? I need some help...."
Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 10:13:48 am »

Leave It to Bidoof
Your neighbor's pet Bidoof decides he is going to run off to Route 1 to get a few berries. Your neighbor doesn't think that's a good idea, so you (And your new Pokemon) must run out to get him. Your neighbor follows with his/her Mr. Mime. The Bidoof had secretely been flirting with other Bidoof and had a gang of four of them. You and your neighbor must fight them off, then take their Bidoof back to their house. You can either take the Bidoof (Lv. 10), take their Mr. Mime (Lv. 1), or get a 1500 Yen reward.
Reward: 15 Trainer Exp and a selection of: Lv. 10 Bidoof; Lv. 1 Mr. Mime; 1500 Yen

"What is it that you need help with?" Nicola asked as she and Bolt walked over to the stressed-looking girl.

"Well, you see, my Bidoof went out to Route 1 to get berries, and I don't think that's safe, but I can't go in to get him all by myself. Will you help me, please?"

<You bet we will! Right, Nicola?>

"Sure, we'll help, but let's do it tomorrow, it's unsafe to go onto Route 1 at night."

"Ohh, okay," the neighbor agreed, "then meet me back here first thing tomorrow."

Nicola and Bolt went back to the Professor's Lab, the girl, who told them her name was Amber, going back to her own house. The three of them met back up at the entrance to Route 1 where they had initially met. Amber tossed a Pokeball into the air, letting out her Mr. Mime.

"Let's go!"

The team started walking into the Route, with Amber in the lead and Nicola's team following behind.

Whooosh!

Nicola glimpsed the blur from before passing in front of them yet again, but in the daylight it seemed to be more blue and black than just dark blue. Could this really be her imagination? Bolt quickly answered the question in the form of his own question.

<What was that?!>

"So you saw it, too, huh? I don't know what it is."

Amber, who was still leading, hadn't seen the dark blur.

"Come on you guys!"

<We're coming!>

-To Route 1-

"Thank you so much for helping me get my Bidoof back," Amber said gratefully, "Here is my little token of gratitude."

She gave them 1500 Yen and then returned to her home.

"Wow, we're getting pretty rich," Nicola commented brightly as she examined the amount of Yen in her bag.

<Hey, this is great! Maybe we could get something special later!>

<Perhaps we could,> Crystal agreed softly.

At that point, Nicola's Pokedex beeped. Puzzled, she took a look at it to find that Professor Oak was calling her. She pressed a couple of buttons and his face appeared on the screen.

"Hello, Nicola! Are you enjoying your journey?"

"Yup, so far, it's been pretty fun," she answered.

"It looks like you're still in Pallet Town, so please stop by the Lab before you go, I have something I'd like to show you."

"Ohh, alright. Will do!" Nicola pressed some more buttons and the Professor's image blinked off the Pokedex screen.

They were headed to the Lab.
Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 11:37:48 am »

Pretty Purple Power Potion
Professor Oak calls you to his lab, and tells you he had a new potion. You, of course, rush over and give it to your pokemon, being told it enhances his power amazingly. It turns out to be a... Rare Candy! Take the Rare Candy, and feed it to your Pokemon in front of Professor Oak. After doing this quest, you get one Rare Candy once a month.
Reward: [1] Rare Candy per Month

"So what is it that you wanted me here for?" Nicola asked the Professor. "Professor? Heyyy, Professor."

Oak didn't appear to be listening to Nicola at all, but was fascinated with Crystal.

"You caught a Riolu but didn't enter it into your Pokedex?"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that."

She pressed a button and the Pokedex beeped twice, first displaying Shinx's information on the screen, then Riolu's.

"There, I registered both Bolt and Crystal. So, what is it that you called me here for again?"

"Ohh, right, well a scientist from Viridian City named Isaiah was experimenting with curing world hunger and by some chance was able to instead create this machine that makes rare candies."

Nicola nodded in recognition.

"I met Isaiah on Route 1 when I gave him the gold Pokeball. But what are Rare Candies?"

The Professor seemed surprised at her not remembering Rare Candies. In answer, he motioned to the machine on the table next to him, then pressed the button that made it start. It shook and beeped for a few seconds, but then a small object in a purple wrapper dropped into the compartment sticking out of the machine. Professor Oak picked it up and handed it to Nicola.

"This is a Rare Candy. It has so much energy packed into it that when you use it on a Pokemon, their level increases! Go on, feed it to one of your Pokemon."

"Wow! Bolt, do you want this?"

<Do I!>

Bolt quickly gobbled down the candy and grinned as he felt himself get a level stronger.

"I'll send you a Rare Candy for your Pokemon once a month, okay?"

"All right. Thanks, Professor!"

The trio left the Lab, almost ready to truly start on their journey.
Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Nicola
Administrator
Worthy

Awesomeness 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 12:29:48 pm »

Town Map
Role-play going into your rivals house, talking to their sister/brother/parent(s). After sitting down for something to eat, they will give you a Town Map.
Reward: 5 Trainer Exp, [1] Town Map

"Hey! Nicola!"

Nicola turned around to see who had called and smiled when she found that it was a familiar face.

<Hi, Amber!>

<It's the girl who was with you earlier.>

"Do you want to come to my house for lunch before you go?" Amber called.

"Sure!" Nicola hollered back, and the team went to Amber's house.

Nicola and Amber had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while Bolt chowed down on some Pokefood and Crystal delicately nibbled a Wiki berry. They talked and laughed and ate for a whole hour and a half. When they were done eating, Bolt wandered where he wasn't supposed to and got in the laundry machine, coming back covered in bubbles. Even Crystal cracked a small smile.

After the evening's visit, Amber bid them a pleasant journey; then, seeming to have forgotten until that minute, gave them a gift of a Town Map as thanks for such a good time.

"Thanks for the map, and for letting us come over and play," Nicola said gratefully.

"No, thank you! I wouldn't be able to be so happy if Bidoof wasn't back home safe," Amber returned.

<We hope to see you again,> Crystal added politely.

<Yeah, hanging out with you is a lot of fun!>

They all said their goodbyes, and Nicola and team were finally off to Route 1 to start their travels through Kanto.

-To Route 1-
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 01:28:57 pm by Nicola » Report Spam   Logged

Shinx

Tackle   Leer
Charge Bite

Lucario

Endure   Counter

Corsola

Tackle   Harden
Bubble

Growlithe

Bite   Roar
Ember   Leer
<--My Bio
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]