Pokemon Adventure
March 28, 2024, 04:40:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Wow we need to have actual news.

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Addled Staff List Login Register  

Random Stuff I've written over time.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random Stuff I've written over time.  (Read 87 times)
Aura

Badges: (View All)
« on: April 11, 2010, 05:00:42 am »

Sunlight streamed through the window, casting light on the person sleeping in the bed. She blinked, then leapt to feet, sending the blankets everywhere. Renee’s room looked like a normal teenagers did – everything was in a chaotic mess, clothes everywhere, school books buried somewhere underneath all the crap in her room. The 16 year old reached for her phone… which she’d accidentally knocked off the bedside table into the chaos. The Growlithe in the corner snickered.

“Oh shut up Omeo.” Renee snapped at the puppy Pokemon.

Omeo barked and rolled over, waving his paws in the air and wagging his tail. Renee sighed, running her hands through her short brown hair, before grabbing whatever came to her hands first to put on. Omeo happily followed his trainer into the bathroom, faithfully sitting next to the door. Renee studied herself in the mirror. A pale face with thin lips, a rounded nose and dark green eyes stared back, then sighed again and pulled a brush through her hair, a vain attempt to control it.

Renee moved into the kitchen, already knowing that there would be another note from her father, saying he was out in Route 47 again, at some tower that he was so interested in. His reason for not letting her and Omeo go travelling – because he wanted to spend time with her - seemed odd because he was never home. Sometimes she just considered leaving a note of her own, saying that she’d had enough and was going to travel the world. But then she’d never be able to face him again…

After grabbing a muesli bar, Renee put on her bag and headed for the door. Before she could open it, the door flew open, revealing a tall man. He was dressed completely in black – black skinny jeans with zips covering them, black steel caped shoes, black high necked tee shirt, black trench coat with short sleeves and black gloves. His silver belt and watch was a relief really. He raised one hand to brush his spiky black hair out his bright blue eyes, the movement revealing a long white scar across his scalp.

“Where is Benjamin Jones?” He asked, eyes cold.

Omeo growled, a few embers appearing around his body as Renee took a step backwards. “He’s not here.” She told him, equally cold.

“Take me to him.” He commanded in a give-me-nonsense-and-I’ll-take-your-head-off kind of way.

Renee grabbed the door, trying to force it shut. The strange man grabbed the door with one hand, and practically lifted Renee of the ground with the other. Omeo snarled then leapt forwards, jaws clamming down on the man’s pants. He kicked the Pokemon off easily and Omeo crashed into the wall, whimpering.

“Take me to him.” The man repeated, tightening his grip for a moment before releasing her. The momement drew notice to a sheathe with a sword hilt sticking out of it attached to his belt and half hidden by the trench coat.

Renee could only nod silently. Her voice had disappeared completely. She realised that she’d been holding her breath and forced herself to breathe. Some of the coldness in the man’s face disappeared.

“Good.” He said, picking up Omeo and putting the Growlithe in her hands. “Lead the way then. I haven’t got all day.” When Renee didn’t move, a hard edge crept onto his face and he pushed her. “Come on girl. I have to see your father.”

After giving herself a mental shake, Renee started moving out to route 47, the man right behind her. She could feel his eyes drilling a hole in her back the whole way.

“Here. He’s in here.” Renee said, looking into the cave.

Her father had taken her to the… Hidden Tower, that was it, once. It was an old tower, covered with strange symbols on the walls which looked like writing. It seemed to stretch on forever, yet the top of it never showed from the outside. Her father had said that was because the tower was actually a long hole in the earth and someone or something had painted the insides.

“The Hidden Tower… I should have guessed.” The man commented, his hand on the hilt of his sword.

Renee bolted, running into the darkness of the tower, clutching Omeo to her chest. She heard the man exclaim behind her, then start running, calling for her to come back. Renee just ran faster. It wasn’t a long trip till you got to the tower, so she soon began to see light at the end of the tunnel. She burst into the main chamber, seeing her father, short brown hair, green eyes and glasses turn around, looking alarmed.

“Dad!” Renee shouted. “There’s this crazy guy with a sword looking for you!”

“Oh, is that what I am? A crazy guy with a sword?” The man said sounding amused as he came out of the tunnel.

“James!” Ben exclaimed, a grin appearing on his face. “I knew you’d come.”

James, the crazy guy shrugged. “I did say anything.”

Renee was now completely confused. James… wasn’t going to murder/rob/kidnap her dad? Her dad knew this James guy?

“Renee.” Ben said, smiling. “I’ve decided to let you go adventuring-”

“OMGWE’REGOINGTOTRAVELOMEODIDYOUHEARTHAT?!!” Renee squeed, completely forgetting the current company.

“But there’s one catch.”

Renee and Omeo stopped celebrating.

“James must come with you.”

Both James’s and Renee’s faces were identical masks of horror.

“WHAT? With this crazy guy?!” Renee exclaimed.

“When I said anything, looking after some teenager was not included!” James shouted.

Ben held up his hands. “Guys please. Listen to me. Renee, I don’t want you going off adventuring without another human with you. Omeo doesn’t count. James, you think about it all right. I’m sure you can work it out.”

“I’m failing to see the advantages of this...” James muttered darkly.

“Renee,” Her father said kindly. “How about you go home and get packed? If you’re going travelling, you’ll be needing some things.”

Renee hesitated. Was there a logical reason to go travelling with a crazy guy? Not likely. But he didn’t like this any more than she did so that would mean that she could probably convince him to leave her as soon as they were out of Cianwood.

“Okay then, I’ll go get ready.” She said, then turned and left the Hidden Tower, Omeo on her heels.

Both men were silent for a while, studying each other. It had been sometime since they had seen each other last, so they were taking in the changes that had occurred since then. Out of nowhere, Ben smiled.

“I just can’t get the picture of you half dead out of my head. It’s permanently burned into my mind.”

“I wish you could. I don’t like someone remembering me being weak, not even you. But we can do this whole reuniting thing later. Why do you want me to go with Renee? Every other teen out there her age is just fine. Why does she need a bodyguard?” James asked.

“You know these symbols on the walls are ancient writing?” Benjamin said, putting one hand on the wall of the tower. “I’ve been deciphering them, and I’ve learned things about this tower that would make your hair curl. Things that could summon ancient Pokemon here. I think someone might know about what I’m doing. That someone being the Head of Team Rocket.”

“And you think that because of what you know, they might target Renee to use as a bargaining tool against you. But her being stuck at home makes her sad, which makes you sad seeing her like that. So you figured you’d need a bodyguard if she was to travel. And there’s no one in the world with better experience with dealing with the Rockets than me… I’m seeing the benefits already. I can do some major Rocket hunting.” James finished, eyes wild with excitement.

“Exactly. It works well for both of us.” Ben grinned, his eyes shining, but then the grin faded. “Hopefully I’ll finish my work in the Tower before the Rocket’s find me. Then I can disappear for a while, until they forget all about me.”

James shrugged. “You need a bodyguard yourself now don’t you? Why not get someone else with the same expertise as me? I know this really sexy lady who works in my department. She’s getting quite bored – and she’s looking for someone your type - last time I heard.”

Ben blushed and raised his hands. “No I’ll be quite alright I think. Come on, we should catch up with Renee. Knowing her, she’s probably having a lot of trouble finding stuff in that room of hers.” He started to walk towards the exit, then stopped. “One thing. Never leave her side.” He said seriously.

“What? You want me to follow her into the shower or something? Or when she’s getting changed?” James said sarcastically.

Ben laughed. “Not that close. But seriously, don’t go far away.”

The two men walked out together, easing the barriers that time had cast between them. The two masked figures dressed completely in white watched them silently as they headed back towards Cianwood.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Cgal

Hi, Nicola here - the forum seems to not like the Cgal embed anymore, but if you still want to leave a once-every-few-years "hello", the chat box itself still exists and you can access it here: [link]